Sunday, March 1, 2009

Networking........

Already have a Facebook account so I embedded a link to my recommended books of "Indian Authors" on our library website. Might as well let my Facebook friends see that I just don't hang around listlessly at the library but actually make a contribution!

Enjoyed exploring Digg - gosh! it has some random stuff in there and I guess, there lies the appeal. Preferred the layout and the colour scheme of Digg to Reditt, but the tellytubby like logo of Reddit is very cute. There are heaps of websites on StumbleUpon catering to all kinds of people and all kinds of interests. All the above sites are worth knowing about and recommending to patrons who might be seeking the weirdest of information or the computer geeks who spends endless time on them!

Registered with Newsvine - embedded it to my facebook account. Thought it would be good to catch some American action and gossip! Some articles/stories make very good reading and provide food for thought. Frankly there are some very good discussions going on.

On the whole it has been a very productive, exciting and fun exercise for me. I enjoyed the learning experience and discovering a whole new world of socializing stuff that I was unaware of. Some of the exercises have been so successful not just for me, but my family as well, that my family tree has now got 258 members!!
There's quite a bit that I can encourage customers and my Akozone children to use especially sites like My Heritage and Go Animate respectively.
I think Web 2.0 has been hugely successful and I guess you guys who have slaved on it, can pat yourselves on your back. Well done!

1 comment:

ACL web 2.1 said...

Hey well done and thanks for your feedback on this excercise. We are glad you enjoyed it and found it useful! I can't see your GoAnimate animation anywhere... if you can embed a link to your creation you will have completed all the 'things' and we can put you in the draw to win, Win, WIN!! =0)